November 13, 2005

If you're happy and you know it, WATCH THREADS!

A bit dated perhaps (ColdWar Doomsday Era), but still effectively chilling in its delivery of the ultimate nuclear holocaust.

I stumbled across this movie while looking for the 80's TV Show The Day After. Someone made a comment that Threads made The Day After look weak, so I had to check it out. I don't want to give anything away, but this movie is awesome. I don't think there is a threat of total world destruction like this, but a global pandemic or biological attack could probably do the same.

As of late, I have had a knack for selecting movies with abnormal endings, and this one fits the bill. Set in Sheffield, England, the movie follows a few characters through the trials and tribulations of GLOBAL THERMAL NUCLEAR WAR. It is, without a doubt, one of the most depressing films I have ever seen. The Science Film-type narrations add to the effect.

Like I said, I don't want to give anything away, but if you watch the movie, pay attention to the manner in which the media is controlled and handles the whole crises.

Cheers!

-K

1 comment:

TJF said...

--- Disclaimer ---

Please do not watch this movie if you are having thoughts of suicide.